- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
The Boss 429
Arguably one of the rarest muscle cars ever. Built to make it possible for Ford to develop a Hemi engine to compete with Chrysler in NASCAR, they built 1,358 of the cars between 1969 and 1970. This satisfied the homologation rules requiring at least 500 cars be fitted with the Hemi motor.
Officially rated at 375 HP, the Boss 429 was generally agreed to put out around 500 HP. Wow!
This is the 1970 model with the trademark oversized flat black hood scoop and Boss 429 logo on the front fenders. Slowing sales and high production costs caused Ford to end production at the end of the year. But they sell for over $500,000 in the present day.
Mega G+ Chassis
This new Mega G+ chassis doesn’t just go faster or handle better than the competition. And it doesn’t just have the ultra-low, narrow dimensions of the original Mega G to continue the reign of the most realistic HO cars on earth. It’s smoother, more consistent, and more intuitive than any car we’ve ever built.
We wanted wheel to wheel racing, lap after lap, the feel of driving a real car. But we couldn’t do it by just changing the chassis. We had to create a whole new system…
Mega G+ Race System
Made up of our new Mega G+ Chassis, Upgraded AFX120 Controllers and Exclusive Tri-Power Pack, the Mega G+ Race System is the perfect balance of grip and speed. With decades of slot car innovation and over a year of experimentation, this is the best out of the box slot car system you can buy.
Mega G+ Chassis Features
- FN20 Advanced Power Unit: lighter, smoother, quieter, more consistent and uses 33% less energy than Mega-G
- Weight: Up to 35% lighter than any other HO chassis, 5% lighter than Mega-G
- Shape: Narrowest, lowest chassis ever made for more realistic bodies
- Pick-Up Shoes: Stronger, follows rail better for consistent power
- Center of gravity: Lowest of all competitors to corner with confidence
- Guide Pin: AFX Exclusive Extra-long tapered guide pin keeps the car on track longer
- Ground Effects Magnets: Level 30 Neodymium – Stays glued to the track
- Chassis Material: Super durable Nylatron has just enough flex
- Brushes: High carbon power unit brushes last longer than composite brushes
- New Redundant Power Transfer System: Maintains consistent power supply to motor for improved durability and drivability
|Dimensions||1.625 × 6.75 × 8.5 in|