- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Evolution of the Breed
As the Mustang continued to evolve after it’s introduction in 1964, it became clear to Ford that they needed to increase their performance options to compete with the Camaro and Firebird. So, in late 1968 the Mustang Mach 1 was introduced as a 1969 model year option.
It was a smash! So successful that for 1970 the GT models were discontinued and the Mach 1 and Boss models expanded to comprise the entire performance range for Mustang.
There were several different performance engine options available but for 1970 the 351W (Windsor) was replaced with the 351C (Cleveland) which made better power. Together with higher performance suspension, the 1970 proved a formidable street weapon.
For this replica, AFX outfitted our Mach 1 with the beautiful 5 spoke mag wheels from American Wheels that were so popular at the time.
Mega G+ Chassis
This new Mega G+ chassis doesn’t just go faster or handle better than the competition. And it doesn’t just have the ultra-low, narrow dimensions of the original Mega G to continue the reign of the most realistic HO cars on earth. It’s smoother, more consistent, and more intuitive than any car we’ve ever built.
We wanted wheel to wheel racing, lap after lap, the feel of driving a real car. But we couldn’t do it by just changing the chassis. We had to create a whole new system…
Mega G+ Race System
Made up of our new Mega G+ Chassis, Upgraded AFX120 Controllers and Exclusive Tri-Power Pack, the Mega G+ Race System is the perfect balance of grip and speed. With decades of slot car innovation and over a year of experimentation, this is the best out of the box slot car system you can buy.
Mega G+ Chassis Features
- FN20 Advanced Power Unit: lighter, smoother, quieter, more consistent and uses 33% less energy than Mega-G
- Weight: Up to 35% lighter than any other HO chassis, 5% lighter than Mega-G
- Shape: Narrowest, lowest chassis ever made for more realistic bodies
- Pick-Up Shoes: Stronger, follows rail better for consistent power
- Center of gravity: Lowest of all competitors to corner with confidence
- Guide Pin: AFX Exclusive Extra-long tapered guide pin keeps the car on track longer
- Ground Effects Magnets: Level 30 Neodymium – Stays glued to the track
- Chassis Material: Super durable Nylatron has just enough flex
- Brushes: High carbon power unit brushes last longer than composite brushes
- New Redundant Power Transfer System: Maintains consistent power supply to motor for improved durability and drivability
|Dimensions||1.625 × 6.75 × 8.5 in|