“Super Hugger” Takes to the Streets
Together with much better engine options compared to the 1969 model, the 1970 Camaro was a classic both for its design and performance. And this AFX version comes with the equally classic 5 spoke mag wheels and rare metallic green paint.
Styling of the 1970 Camaro was controversial but is generally regarded as one of the most beautiful designs to come from GM. There were three package options and the base model. The Rally Sport option featured a distinctive split front bumper that became very popular and was frequently added to other packages.
Most Realistic and Now, Most Drivable!
We already had the longest wheelbase and the lowest, narrowest chassis ever made in 1/64th scale. With that, our designers were making the most realistic cars ever. And our cars out handled anything else in the market. That’s good enough, right? Wrong!
We weren’t satisfied with the driveability. We wanted you to be able to race wheel to wheel, lap after lap, and feel like you’re driving a real car. But we couldn’t do it by just changing the chassis. We had to create a whole new race system – the Mega G+ Race System.
What is the Mega G+ Race System?
It is a Slot Car system that delivers the perfect balance of grip and speed. The result is a slot car set that is easier to learn and easier to drive at the limit so you have more fun fast and keep having fun longer.
We achieved this by redesigning our famous Mega-G chassis, designing a new power unit and precisely mating it to our upgraded AFX120 controller and our exclusive Tri-Power Pack. With decades of slot car innovation and over a year of experimentation behind it, we believe the Mega G+ Race System is the best out of the box slot car system you can buy.
Mega G+ CHASSIS
This new chassis is the heart of the Mega G+ Race System. It is not just faster and better handling than the competition, now it is even smoother, more consistent, more intuitive and more fun to drive than any car we’ve ever built. Check out these performance features:
- FN20 Advanced Power Unit: Same power output as original Mega-G but lighter, smoother, quieter, more consistent and uses 33% less energy
- Weight: Up to 30% lighter than any other HO chassis, 5% lighter than original Mega-G – Way more fun to drive
- Size: Lowest and narrowest chassis ever made – Much more realistic bodies
- Re-designed Pick-Up Shoes: Stronger, follows rail better for consistent power
- Center of gravity: Lowest of all competitors – Corners better than any other chassis
- Wheelbase: Longest available – Better proportioned bodies
- Guide Pin: Exclusive extra long tapered guide pin (Only AFX has it!) – Car stays in the slot longer
- Ground Effects Magnets: Level 30 Neodymium – Stays glued to the track
- Chassis Material: Nylatron – Super strong and durable
- High Carbon Power Unit Brushes: Last much longer than composite brushes
- New Redundant Power Transfer System: Maintains consistent power supply to motor for improved durability and better drivability
Check out these links to see what the experts think of the new Mega G+. These independent reviews were done by Slot Car Illustrated.
The first details some of the changes made from the original Mega-G while the second compares Mega G+ to all other well known HO slot cars for speed and handling. They are in depth and very thorough. Real eye-openers!
CLICK HERE for The New Mega G+ Chassis
CLICK HERE for Comparing Modern HO Scale Inline Chassis
Shipping & Returns
Shipping costs are determined by price, size, weight, destination, and selected shipping method. Orders take 1-3 business days to process before
being shipped. Orders are not processed on weekends or holidays.
Both domestic and international orders are shipped using USPS and are tracked by the Post Office. There are no extra fees for international
orders including customs fees. Customs fees are charged to the recipient upon arrival of the order.
Returns are accepted for all unused, unopened AFX products purchased directly from www.afxracing.com. For an item(s) purchased elsewhere,
please contact that hobby shop or online seller for their return policy.
If the item was purchased directly from www.afxracing.com, please do the following:
1. Contact Customer Service by email [email protected] or phone 877-866-9239.
2. Provide the following: Order Number, Part Number, Quantity of item(s) to be returned.
3. Send unused, unopened item(s) to address provided by your Customer Service Representative.
Please Note: Shipping charges for the original order and any subsequent return shipping costs are non-refundable. Accounts cannot be credited
for future purchases. Returned items cannot be exchanged.
Once the item(s) is received, you will be notified. If the item(s) meets refund qualifications (unused and unopened) a refund will be issued to the
credit card used for that order.
Having trouble with your AFX product? Contact Customer Service Today!
866-877-9237 | [email protected] | Warranty Claim Form