- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
“Super Hugger” Takes to the Streets
After the success of 1967 through ’69 Camaro’s, Chevrolet created effectively an all-new car in 1970. One that was more drivable and had a much better engine: the LT1 350 cubic inch compared to the previous year’s 302. In fact, the LT1 in the Z28 came from the Corvette and was a stout performer.
The re-designed front-end and fastback shape was the source of a lot of controversy. But it is generally regarded one of the most beautiful designs to come out of GM.
Mega G+ Chassis
This new Mega G+ chassis doesn’t just go faster or handle better than the competition. And it doesn’t just have the ultra-low, narrow dimensions of the original Mega G to continue the reign of the most realistic HO cars on earth. It’s smoother, more consistent, and more intuitive than any car we’ve ever built.
We wanted wheel to wheel racing, lap after lap, the feel of driving a real car. But we couldn’t do it by just changing the chassis. We had to create a whole new system…
Mega G+ Race System
Made up of our new Mega G+ Chassis, Upgraded AFX120 Controllers and Exclusive Tri-Power Pack, the Mega G+ Race System is the perfect balance of grip and speed. With decades of slot car innovation and over a year of experimentation, this is the best out of the box slot car system you can buy.
Mega G+ Chassis Features
- FN20 Advanced Power Unit: lighter, smoother, quieter, more consistent and uses 33% less energy than Mega-G
- Weight: Up to 35% lighter than any other HO chassis, 5% lighter than Mega-G
- Shape: Narrowest, lowest chassis ever made for more realistic bodies
- Pick-Up Shoes: Stronger, follows rail better for consistent power
- Center of gravity: Lowest of all competitors to corner with confidence
- Guide Pin: AFX Exclusive Extra-long tapered guide pin keeps the car on track longer
- Ground Effects Magnets: Level 30 Neodymium – Stays glued to the track
- Chassis Material: Super durable Nylatron has just enough flex
- Brushes: High carbon power unit brushes last longer than composite brushes
- New Redundant Power Transfer System: Maintains consistent power supply to motor for improved durability and drivability
|Dimensions||1.625 × 6.75 × 8.5 in|