- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
For The First Time, An AFX Limited Edition
The most famous of the legendary Cobra Daytona Coupes built by Carroll Shelby, chassis #CSX2287 is shown here in its last performance as a factory race car. Driven by Craig Breedlove at the Bonneville Salt Flats, car and driver set 23 land speed records before the car was retired.
Now for the first time, AFX creates a Limited Edition of 3,000 cars to commemorate the Bonneville accomplishment. This will be the only production run in this livery for what is arguably the most famous American race car. With unique Limited Edition packaging and each package numbered, this car will be a special addition to any collection.
INDEPENDENT REVIEW – CLEAR
Yet again the experts come down on the side of realism and detail. Take a couple of minutes to read this review by the editors at Slot Car Illustrated to get some great additional photos and commentary on the new “CLEAR” line.
Mega G+ CHASSIS
This new Mega G+ chassis doesn’t just go faster or handle better than the competition. And it doesn’t just have the ultra-low, narrow dimensions of the original Mega G to continue the reign of the most realistic HO cars on earth. It’s smoother, more consistent, and more intuitive than any car we’ve ever built.
We wanted wheel to wheel racing, lap after lap, the feel of driving a real car. But we couldn’t do it by just changing the chassis. We had to create a whole new system…
Mega G+ Race System
Made up of our new Mega G+ Chassis, Upgraded AFX120 Controllers and Exclusive Tri-Power Pack, the Mega G+ Race System is the perfect balance of grip and speed. With decades of slot car innovation and over a year of experimentation, this is the best out of the box slot car system you can buy.
Mega G+ Chassis Features
- FN20 Advanced Power Unit: lighter, smoother, quieter, more consistent and uses 33% less energy than Mega-G
- Weight: Up to 35% lighter than any other HO chassis, 5% lighter than Mega-G
- Shape: Narrowest, lowest chassis ever made for more realistic bodies
- Pick-Up Shoes: Stronger, follows rail better for consistent power
- Center of gravity: Lowest of all competitors to corner with confidence
- Guide Pin: AFX Exclusive Extra-long tapered guide pin keeps the car on track longer
- Ground Effects Magnets: Level 30 Neodymium – Stays glued to the track
- Chassis Material: Super durable Nylatron has just enough flex
- Brushes: High carbon power unit brushes last longer than composite brushes
- New Redundant Power Transfer System: Maintains consistent power supply to motor for improved durability and drivability
WANT MORE . . . ?
You’ve got to check out the Shelby American Museum Website. At their terrific location in Boulder, Colorado they house the famous chassis CSX2299 and the “not exactly” Willment Cobra Coupe. On the site, you can find a number of excellent photos of these fully restored and pristine race cars along with additional history. You can also buy posters and other memorabilia of these and many other famous Shelby creations. When you get to the site click on “Collection” for the photos and history. Then just browse. It is really cool – enjoy!
And here is the Simeone Automotive Museum which is where the original CSX2287 lives today. A fantastic place to visit if you get a chance. Run by serious enthusiasts who care about cars, racers and the history they made.
If you want to get the whole story on what happened to the “Lost Coupe” read this Car and Driver article. Typically great writing combines with an unbelievable but true story that should really be made into a major motion picture. Give it a read and you’ll see what we mean.
If you would like to learn a little more about Craig Breedlove here you go.
|Dimensions||1.625 × 6.75 × 8.5 in|