- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
The Most Spectacular HO Car Ever
Oreca’s Peugeot 908, campaigned in 2010 in a livery that simply defied belief.
Officially Licensed, we were determined to get as close as possible to the real thing. The spectacularly intricate use of color takes more than 120 separate steps over the course of 4 days for us to replicate. That’s more than any other car we produce and far more than any other HO manufacturer. But it’s so worth it.
For the first time ever, AFX found a way to create a Correctly Proportioned Modern LMP Style Body. Between the remarkable detail and deeply drawn aerodynamic channeling, now the Mega G+ the lowest, narrowest chassis ever made in 1/64th scale, can bring this beauty to life.
- Correctly Proportioned Modern LMP Style Body – First time ever; no one else can do it
- Unprecedented Detail – Right down to the brake and radiator vents, full-width wings, and open, aerodynamic rear end
- Up to 8-color graphics – No one else even comes close
- “Light Weight, ABS Body” – High performance yet super durable
- Officially Licensed – As close as possible to the real thing
- Fastest production chassis ever made – Smokes the competition
Mega G+ CHASSIS
This new Mega G+ chassis doesn’t just go faster or handle better than the competition. And it doesn’t just have the ultra-low, narrow dimensions of the original Mega G to continue the reign of the most realistic HO cars on earth. It’s smoother, more consistent, and more intuitive than any car we’ve ever built.
We wanted wheel to wheel racing, lap after lap, the feel of driving a real car. But we couldn’t do it by just changing the chassis. We had to create a whole new system…
Mega G+ Race System
Made up of our new Mega G+ Chassis, Upgraded AFX120 Controllers and Exclusive Tri-Power Pack, the Mega G+ Race System is the perfect balance of grip and speed. With decades of slot car innovation and over a year of experimentation, this is the best out of the box slot car system you can buy.
Mega G+ Chassis Features
- FN20 Advanced Power Unit: lighter, smoother, quieter, more consistent and uses 33% less energy than Mega-G
- Weight: Up to 35% lighter than any other HO chassis, 5% lighter than Mega-G
- Shape: Narrowest, lowest chassis ever made for more realistic bodies
- Pick-Up Shoes: Stronger, follows rail better for consistent power
- Center of gravity: Lowest of all competitors to corner with confidence
- Guide Pin: AFX Exclusive Extra-long tapered guide pin keeps the car on track longer
- Ground Effects Magnets: Level 30 Neodymium – Stays glued to the track
- Chassis Material: Super durable Nylatron has just enough flex
- Brushes: High carbon power unit brushes last longer than composite brushes
- New Redundant Power Transfer System: Maintains consistent power supply to motor for improved durability and drivability
More About Oreca
Click the “Additional Information” tab on this page and click these links below:
|Dimensions||8.25 × 6.75 × 1.625 in|
In 1972, racing enthusiast Hugues de Chaunac formed Oreca in France. Less than a year later, the company had its first win in Formula 3. Only 3 years later, it claimed the Formula 2 Championship with Jacques Laffite.
Oreca turned their focus toward Endurance racing and in 2010, campaigned one of the most spectacular cars ever to set tire to track, the Peugeot 908 Oreca. Qualifying on the pole for the 1000kms of Algarve and driven by Olivier Panis, Nicolas Lapierre, and Stephane Sarrazin, the Oreca team went on to win the race.
Along with strong showings during the rest of the season, that win gave Oreca the Le Mans Series Team Championship in 2010, and the Driver’s Championship to Stephane Sarrazin. A phenomenal performance all around.