The last livery for Carroll Shelby’s legendary Cobra Daytona Coupe had little to do with racing. When the car was bought by Jim Russell in 1966 to promote his slot car company, RussKit, he intended to drive the car to work every day.
So, after the car returned from the Bonneville Salt Flats he had it repainted with the numbers and roundels removed, got a temporary California registration and drove the car out to Riverside International Raceway to take a parade lap before the big race. When he got there he saw Pete Brock, the designer of the car, and handed him the keys to do the lap. Track officials slapped a Participant sticker on the lower right corner of the windshield and out onto the track he went.
This livery now becomes the second in the AFX Limited Edition Collectors Series. Only 3,000 cars will be produced and it will be the only production run in this livery for what is certainly one of the most famous of all American race cars. With unique Limited Edition packaging and each package numbered, it will be a special addition to any collection.
By the way, today the real car, in this livery, is in the Simeone Automotive Museum in Philadelphia, PA.
Mega G+ CHASSIS
This new Mega G+ chassis doesn’t just go faster or handle better than the competition. And it doesn’t just have the ultra-low, narrow dimensions of the original Mega G to continue the reign of the most realistic HO cars on earth. It’s smoother, more consistent, and more intuitive than any car we’ve ever built.
We wanted wheel to wheel racing, lap after lap, the feel of driving a real car. But we couldn’t do it by just changing the chassis. We had to create a whole new system…
Mega G+ Race System
Made up of our new Mega G+ Chassis, Upgraded AFX120 Controllers and Exclusive Tri-Power Pack, the Mega G+ Race System is the perfect balance of grip and speed. With decades of slot car innovation and over a year of experimentation, this is the best out of the box slot car system you can buy.
Mega G+ Chassis Features
- FN20 Advanced Power Unit: lighter, smoother, quieter, more consistent and uses 33% less energy than Mega-G
- Weight: Up to 35% lighter than any other HO chassis, 5% lighter than Mega-G
- Shape: Narrowest, lowest chassis ever made for more realistic bodies
- Pick-Up Shoes: Stronger, follows rail better for consistent power
- Center of gravity: Lowest of all competitors to corner with confidence
- Guide Pin: AFX Exclusive Extra-long tapered guide pin keeps the car on track longer
- Ground Effects Magnets: Level 30 Neodymium – Stays glued to the track
- Chassis Material: Super durable Nylatron has just enough flex
- Brushes: High carbon power unit brushes last longer than composite brushes
- New Redundant Power Transfer System: Maintains consistent power supply to motor for improved durability and drivability
Slot Car Illustrated: The New AFX Mega G+ Chassis
Slot Car Illustrated: Comparing Modern HO Scale Inline Chassis
Slot Car Illustrated: Review of AFX Clear Cars
Shipping & Returns
Shipping costs are determined by price, size, weight, destination, and selected shipping method. Orders take 1-3 business days to process before
being shipped. Orders are not processed on weekends or holidays.
Both domestic and international orders are shipped using USPS and are tracked by the Post Office. There are no extra fees for international
orders including customs fees. Customs fees are charged to the recipient upon arrival of the order.
Returns are accepted for all unused, unopened AFX products purchased directly from www.afxracing.com. For an item(s) purchased elsewhere,
please contact that hobby shop or online seller for their return policy.
If the item was purchased directly from www.afxracing.com, please do the following:
1. Contact Customer Service by email [email protected] or phone 877-866-9239.
2. Provide the following: Order Number, Part Number, Quantity of item(s) to be returned.
3. Send unused, unopened item(s) to address provided by your Customer Service Representative.
Please Note: Shipping charges for the original order and any subsequent return shipping costs are non-refundable. Accounts cannot be credited
for future purchases. Returned items cannot be exchanged.
Once the item(s) is received, you will be notified. If the item(s) meets refund qualifications (unused and unopened) a refund will be issued to the
credit card used for that order.
Having trouble with your AFX product? Contact Customer Service Today!
866-877-9237 | [email protected] | Warranty Claim Form